Search This Blog

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Doing the best I can to channel Demi Moore!

Sunday, August 13, 2006
Doing the best I can to channel Demi Moore!

Apparently my ex, Henry's Dad has fallen in love with a girl who is an alchoholic/drug addict (recovering?).

Saturday he called me numerous times asking me to come over right away When I got there, my normally well-groomed ex husband was standing in his driveway legless, greasy and unshaven and quaking. He scared the shit out of me because I thought someone had died or something had happened to Henry. He was nearly having a breakdown. He got in my car and was WAILING, snot and tears streaming down his face, hysterical (for 45 minutes) that she had left him, screaming that he loves her and he was not gonna be able to survive without her. He was crying so hard he almost couldn't talk. The story flushed out that he had fallen for a girl 9 months ago who had a lot of "problems" including losing custody and visitation of her 3 kids her job and her car and had no place other than a couch at a friends to sleep. Frank took her in and helped her go to school to learn massage therapy. He picked her up and dropped her off and took care of her, and was apparently happy to have someone to come home to. He said that she had changed him and that he had become a better person and that he loved her gentle, spiritual side (he is an atheist) and could not go on with out her.

"Frank the Butcher" nicknamed partly because he has a reputation as a cold, mostly emotionless man. A product of a crappy childhood in which his mother left him at a tender age.

Long story short, SHE (previously referred to as Meth-faced in earlier blogs) had been sober for a year but has apparently and suddenly fallen off-the-wagon, left him and gone to be with an old (drinking and drugging) boyfriend in Arizona. HE was absolutely beside himself. He hasn't eaten or slept for 4 days. He is such a mess as I have NEVER seen. Channeling my best Demi Moore (because she and Bruce Willis get along so well for the sake of the kids) I tried my best to comfort him and reasure him while also telling him to get himself to Al-Anon ASAP. I am pretty sure she will be back and I want him to be prepared for the inevitable roller coaster and MOST OF ALL NOT involve Henry in it. I feel weird (and really hurt) that I am the one he came to tell about how hopelessly besotten he is with HER. I want to RIP on her right now but in the interest of my Karma my lips are semi-sealed.

I have met her a few times and did not like her from the start... but I tried VERY hard to be polite and decent to her. I am doing the best to channel Demi while also being protective of my son and my feelings. I am not liking this right now. I think I need to channel the Dali Lama.

No comments: