1- Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
2- Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
3- There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.
4- The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.
5- A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
6- There are more chickens than people in the world.
7- The longest one-syllable word in the English language is "screeched."
8- On a Canadian two-dollar bill, the flag flying over the Parliament building is an American flag. (I guess that's why we use 2 dollar coins now)
9- All of the clocks in the movie "Pulp Fiction" are stuck on 4:20.
10- No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver or purple.
11- "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".
12- Almonds are a member of the peach family.
13- There are only 4 words in the English language which end in "dous":tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
14- A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
15- An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
16- Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
17- In most advertisements, the time displayed on a watch is 10:10.
18- Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.
19- The characters Bert & Ernie on Sesame Street were named after Bert the cop and Ernie the taxi driver in Frank Capra's "It's a Wonderful Life."
20- A dragonfly has a life span of 24 hours.
21- A goldfish has a memory span of 3 seconds.
22- It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
23- The giant squid has the largest eyes in the world.
24- In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak.
25- The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
26- The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
27- There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf ball.
28- The average human eats 8 spiders in their lifetime at night.
29- A cockroach can live nine days without its head before it starves to death.
30- A polar bear's skin is black. Its fur is not white, but actually clear.
31- Elvis had a twin brother named Aaron, who died at birth, which is why Elvis' middle name was spelled Aron: in honor of his brother. It is also misspelled on his tomb stone.
32- Donald Duck comics were banned in Finland because he doesn't wear pants.
33- More people are killed by donkeys annually than are killed in plane crashes.
34- Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
35- Shakespeare invented the words "assassination" and "bump."
36- Marilyn Monroe had 6 toes on one foot.
37- If you keep a goldfish in the dark room, it will eventually turn white.
38- Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
39- Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people do.
40- The sentence "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter in the English language.
41- The names of the continents all end with the same letter with which they start.
42- TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters on only one row of the keyboard.
43- The word racecar and kayak are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left.
44- A snail can sleep for 3 years.
45- American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.
46- The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
47- Vatican City is the smallest country in the world with a population of 1,000 and a size of 108.7 acres.
48- "I am." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
49- No president of the United states was an only child.
50- The average chocolate bar has 8 insects' legs in it.
51- A rat can last longer without water than a camel.
52- Your stomach has to produce a new layer of mucus every two weeks
or it will digest itself. YUCK!
53- The dot over the letter " i " is called a tittle.
54- A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top.
55- A female ferret will die if it goes into heat and cannot find a mate.
56- A duck's quack doesn't echo. No one knows why.
57. A 2 X 4 is really 1-1/2 by 3-1/2.
58. During the chariot scene in "Ben Hur", a small red car can be seen in the distance.
59. On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily!
60. Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear pants.
61. Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World War II were made of wood.
62. The number of possible ways of playing the first four moves per side in a game of chess is 318,979,564,000.
63. There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with orange, purple and silver.
64. The name Wendy was made up for the book "Peter Pan". There was never a recorded Wendy before.
65. The very first bomb dropped by the Allies on Berlin in World War II killed the only elephant in the Berlin Zoo.
66. If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and sting itself to death.
Who was the sadist who discovered this??
67. Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to s-l-o-w the film down so you could see his moves. That's the opposite of the normal.....today.
68. The first CD pressed in the US was Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA".
69. The original name for butterfly was flutterby.
70. The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
71. The first product Motorola started to develop was a record player for automobiles. At that time, the most known player on the market was Victrola, so they called themselves Motorola.
72. Roses may be red, but violets are indeed violet.
73. By raising your legs slowly and laying on your back, you cannot sink into quicksand. GOOD FACT TO REMEMBER?? Maybe next time...
74. Celery has negative calories. It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with.
75. Charlie Chaplin once won third prize in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest.
76. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
77. Sherlock Holmes NEVER said "Elementary, my dear Watson".
78. An old law in Bellingham, Washington, made it illegal for a woman to take more than 3 steps backwards while dancing.
79. The glue on Israeli postage is certified kosher.
80. The Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from Public Libraries.
81. Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go out into space because passing wind in spacesuits damages them. Not to mention the other drawback to farting in such a confined space....
82. Bats always turn left when exiting a cave!!
83. Mosquito repellents don't repel. They hide you. The spray blocks the mosquito's sensors so they don't know you're there.
84. Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least 6 feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush.
85. The liquid inside young coconuts can be used as substitute for blood plasma.
86. No piece of paper can be folded in half more than 7 times.
87. Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.
88. You burn more calories sleeping than you do watching television.
89. Oak trees do not produce acorns until they are fifty years of age or older.
90. The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley's gum.
91. The king of hearts is the only king without a mustache.
92. A Boeing 747s wingspan is longer than the Wright brother's first flight.
93. American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating 1 olive from each salad served in first-class.
94. Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise.
95. Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.
96. The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets.
97. Most dust particles in your house are made from dead skin.
98. The first owner of the Marlboro Company died of lung cancer.
99. Michael Jordan makes more money from Nike annually than all of the Nike factory workers in Malaysia combined.
100. Marilyn Monroe had six toes.
101. All US Presidents have worn glasses. Some just didn't like being seen wearing them in public.
102. Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
103. Pearls melt in vinegar.
104. Thirty-five percent of the people who use personal ads for dating are already married.
105. The three most valuable brand names on earth: Marlboro, Coca-Cola, and Budweiser, in that order.
106. It is possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs.
107. A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why. Hey, that is in here twice....
108. The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from the days when the engines were pulled by horses. The horses were stabled on the ground floor and figured out how to walk up straight staircases.
109. Richard Millhouse Nixon was the first US president whose name contains all the letters from the word "criminal." The second was William Jefferson Clinton.
110. Turtles can breathe through their butts. Heee heee thats Henry's favorite.
111. Butterflies taste with their feet.
112. In 10 minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all of the world's nuclear weapons combined.
113. On average, 100 people choke to death on ball-point pens every year.
114. On average people fear spiders more than death.
115. Ninety percent of New York City cabbies are recently arrived immigrants.
116. Elephants are the only animals that can't jump.
117. Only one person in two billion will live to be 116
118. Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
119. It's physically impossible for you to lick your
elbow. (Coco can!)
120. The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.
121. A snail can sleep for three years.
122. No word in the English language rhymes with "MONTH."
123. Average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.
124. Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing. SCARY!!!
125. The electric chair was invented by a dentist.
126. All polar bears are left handed.
127. In ancient Egypt, priests plucked EVERY hair from their bodies, including their eyebrows and eyelashes.
128. An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
129. TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
130. "Go," is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
131. If Barbie were life-size, her measurements would be 39-23-33. She would stand seven feet, two inches tall. Barbie's full name is Barbara Millicent Roberts.
132. A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
133. The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
134. Americans on average eat 18 acres of pizza every day.
135. Almost everyone who reads this email will try to lick their elbow.
Sunday, December 02, 2007
1- Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
Posted by T. at 9:28 PM